Police log

• University police responded Wednesday night to reports of assault and disturbing the peace in The Daily Tar Heel's office in the Student Union, according to police reports. A UNC student reported that DTH Editor Ryan Tuck pushed her during a protest held in the newspaper's office, University police reports state. After an officer informed the student of her options, the student said she did not wish to file charges at the time, according to reports.
  • A $1,600 bicycle was stolen from the Hanes Art Center on Tuesday morning, according to University police reports. A UNC student left his bicycle unsecured leaning against a rack. When he returned a few minutes later it was missing, reports state. The bicycle was described as bright orange with yellow handlebars, and it is not registered with the Department of Public Safety, police reports state.
  • An automobile theft was reported Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The victim reported that her car was stolen from Knolls Street sometime between noon Feb. 9 and noon Monday, reports state. The vehicle was a blue 1997 Acura 2.2 CL valued at $1,500, according to reports.
  • A motor scooter was reported stolen Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that the victim reported his motor scooter was stolen at 1800 E. Franklin St. According to reports, the motor scooter, valued at $1,500, was stolen between 7:01 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
  • A local man was arrested Wednesday on charges of larceny, possession of stolen goods and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that Glenton Allen Horton, 50, of 510 Craig St. Apt. B was arrested at 5:30 p.m. at 412 Whitaker St. According to reports, Horton was arrested on charges of larceny and possession of stolen goods but was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia after a search incident to arrest. Horton was released with a written promise to appear in court March 13. Horton also was placed on street restrictions from the Northside area, reports state.
  • Two men were arrested on charges of panhandling after dark Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that 62-year-old Nathaniel Lee was cited at 7:47 p.m. on the 100 block of Franklin Street after asking police officers for spare change. Nine minutes later, 35-year-old Kevin Aldean Royal also was cited after he asked the officers for spare change, reports state. Both men are scheduled to appear in court on March 27.
  • A University freshman reported Wednesday that her car was the subject of vandalism, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that an unknown offender vandalized the vehicle between noon Saturday and 3 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot at 135 W. Franklin St. Reports state that damage to the 1999 Bronze Chrysler 300 totaled $200 for a door mirror.
  • A UNC student reported vandalism to his vehicle Tuesday afternoon in the Rams Head Center parking deck, according to University police reports. The student reported that an unknown person threw a rock through the driver's side window of his 2001 Chevy Prizm, police reports state.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.