Police log

• A forcible rape was reported at 4:04 p.m. Wednesday in an open land area near Glandon Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that the incident also included assault with a deadly weapon and kidnapping. Capt. Bob Overton said the rape was reported through a blind report, which means no further details about the incident or the victim could be released. Overton did say the incident is being investigated.
  • A man was arrested Wednesday for an outstanding warrant on charges of child abuse, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that Markus Antonio Laws, 19, who is without residence, was charged at 12:30 p.m. at the Southern Human Services Center on Homestead Road. Laws was transported to the Orange County Jail on a $25,000 bond, reports state. He was scheduled to appear in court Thursday.
  • A man was arrested on charges of assault on a female Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that Randy Warren Brown, 41, of 936 Shady Lawn Road Extension C was arrested at his home at 8:38 p.m. Brown was taken to the Orange County Jail without bond and was scheduled to appear in court Thursday.
  • A man was arrested midday Wednesday on charges of carrying a concealed weapon, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that Dwight Frederick Sifford, 38, of 1201 E. Main St. in Durham, was arrested at 12:30 p.m. at 204 Village Crossing Drive. Sifford had a revolver in a gun bag, reports state. He was released with a written promise to appear in court June 6. An incident of larceny was reported at the same time and address Wednesday, according to police reports. Reports state that a cordless drill and charger, a level, power hand tools, Crest Whitestrips, liquid detergent and a money clip, valued at a total of $210, were taken from the residence and later were returned. No arrests were made in the larceny.
  • A man was arrested late Wednesday on charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and two counts of failure to appear in court, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that Kevin Aldean Royal, 35, also known as Kevin Royle, who lives at 100 W. Rosemary St., was charged at 11:45 p.m. on the 200 block of West Franklin Street.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.