Police log

• Chapel Hill police have arrested seven individuals for underage possession of a malt beverage and one individual for underage possession of a mixed beverage since Friday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that one arrest was made at 1200 Raleigh Rd., two at 153 E. Franklin St. and five at 300 W. Rosemary St. One of the arrests at 300 W. Rosemary St. included charges for fraudulent use of an ID and another at the same location included resisting arrest, reports state.
  • A larceny was reported Monday after a gas blower, an electric edger, an electric trimmer and a gas can were found missing from a garage, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state an unknown suspect somehow entered the garage and stole the items valued at $270. The items were last known to be in the garage Aug 16.
  • An incident of assault on a female was reported early Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The offender threw a beer bottle at a 19-year-old woman, reports state.
  • According to Chapel Hill police reports, a 1992 Chevy Caprice on Tuesday was reported stolen from the Siena Hotel at 1505 E. Franklin St.
  • A woman reported receiving telephone threats Thursday while helping a family friend move in to Baity Hill, University police reports state. According to reports the woman received repeated phone calls from an angry woman looking for her daughter, who she believed was with the victim's son. The girl ultimately was turned over to the custody of the Sanford Police Department to await her mother's arrival.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.