Police log

• At 1:59 a.m. Sunday, police arrested five individuals for vandalism and affray at 100 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. From their patrol car the officers saw a large group of males fighting on the street, reports state. They were able to detain three at the scene, and four others were caught as they were fleeing. According to reports, the suspects were wearing gang colors and were determined to be members of the Latin Kings and 18th Street Bloods. Two of the suspects, aged 13 and 15, were returned to their guardians, reports state. The other five - Rodolpho Ernesto Guzman, 17; Darwin Guzman, 22; Hertor Danilo Sosa, 18; Jose Alfredo Flores, 17; and Sergio Antonio Lopez-Torres, 18; all of Durham - were placed in the Orange County Jail in lieu of $1,000 secured bail, reports state. They are scheduled to appear Oct. 2 in District Criminal Court in Chapel Hill.
  • Jessica Ruth Berg, 19, was arrested at 3:35 a.m. Saturday for possession of marijuana, driving while impaired and having a provisional license, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Berg was stopped for "weaving in and out of her lane and running a red light," reports state. She registered a .09 on the Intoxilyzer after performing poorly on field sobriety tests, reports state. The officer seized marijuana from Berg, reports state. She was released with a written promise to appear Oct. 3 in District Criminal Court in Chapel Hill.
  • Freshman Samantha Booth, 18, was charged with underage possession of a malt beverage and resisting a public officer at about midnight Saturday at Fraternity Court, according to University police reports. According to reports the arresting officer approached Booth in a parking lot to ask for identification. She fled the scene on foot, and the officer chased her. Reports state that she used her hands and feet to resist arrest. She eventually was searched, handcuffed and arrested. Booth then was transported to the magistrate's office at the Chapel Hill Police Department, where she was released on a $1,000 unsecured bond, according to reports.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.