Police log

• A joint alcohol-enforcement campaign yielded 91 charges Sept. 7 and 8, according to a press release from the Chapel Hill Police Department. The release states that 41 people were charged with 91 alcohol-related violations. The campaign was a joint effort between the Chapel Hill and Carrboro police departments and the N.C. Alcohol Law Enforcement Agency. Citations issued include: - Six open-container violations - 37 Counts of underage possession of a malt beverage -Seven counts of underage possession of spirituous liquor - 26 counts of possession or use of fraudulent ID - Five counts of giving or selling alcohol to a minor -Four counts of possession of a schedule VI drug - Two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia - Two counts of not having an operator's license - Two counts of fictitious vehicle registration.
  • An incident of larceny of gas was reported at 4:35 p.m. Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that someone drove away from the gas station at 1201 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. without paying for $47.29 worth of gas.
  • An incident of breaking and entering was reported at 5:44 a.m. at Marcel's Catering at 1821 N. Fordham Blvd. on Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that a suspect smashed glass, rifled through items and stole two bottles of Barefoot chardonnay, valued at $24. Damage to the glass front door was estimated to be $400. The incident is under further investigation.
  • An incident of trespassing was reported at 6:21 p.m. on Pritchard Avenue on Wednesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that someone was sitting on the porch of a residence and refusing to leave. No charges were filed.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.