Police log

• Chapel Hill police responded when a fight broke out at Aladdin's Grill and Catering early Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that Derrick Williams, 21, was arrested at 1:52 a.m. at 153 E. Franklin St. on charges of disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and assault on an officer that inflicted injury - the last of which is a felony, reports state. According to reports, Williams punched an officer in the face. Reports state that Williams was confined at Orange County Jail in lieu of $10,000 bail. He is scheduled to appear today in the Court of First Appearance in Hillsborough. In the same fight Rickey Harvey, 21, was arrested on charges of simple assault, failure to disperse and resisting arrest, according to reports. Harvey was secured at Orange County Jail in lieu of $2,500 bail and is scheduled to appear Nov. 6 in District Criminal Court in Hillsborough, reports state. Johnny Roberson, 17, was arrested outside the restaurant on charges of failing to disperse and resisting arrest, according to reports. Reports state that Roberson refused to heed several officers' commands to disperse after the initial incident inside the bar. Roberson is secured at Orange County Jail in lieu of $2,500 bail and is scheduled to appear Nov. 6 in Hillsborough's District Criminal Court, reports state.
  • A UNC student was arrested at 5:20 a.m. Sunday at Church and Caldwell streets on charges of driving while impaired, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state Risden McElroy Jr., 19, failed to stop at a stop sign and was pulled over. McElroy registered .14 blood alcohol level on the Intoxilyzer test, reports state. McElroy was released on written promise to appear Oct. 24 in District Criminal Court in Hillsborough, according to reports.
  • A man was arrested at 3:20 a.m. Sunday at 133 W. Franklin St. on charges of underage possession of a malt beverage, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that Carlton Phillips, 18, was in the rear passenger seat of a car and had an open malt beverage. According to reports, Phillips had been drinking. Phillips is scheduled to appear Oct. 23 in District Criminal Court in Hillsborough, reports state.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.