Police log

• A man was arrested at 1:31 a.m. Saturday at 179 E. Franklin St. on one felony charge of first degree burglary and two felony charges of possession of stolen goods, according to Chapel Hill police reports. James Thomas, 38, of 100 W. Rosemary St., was in possession of laptop computers stolen from the Delta Delta Delta sorority house located at 407 E. Franklin St., reports state. According to reports, Thomas was secured at Orange County Jail in lieu of $25,000 bail. He was scheduled to appear in court in Hillsborough on Monday, reports state
  • A man was arrested at 1:35 a.m. Sunday on North Roberson Street on charges of assault and battery, inflicting injury and damage to persons and property, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state Benjamin Hood, 25, of 204 Pritchard Ave., was involved in a public fight in which he used brass knuckles to assault another individual. A car also was damaged in the fray, according to reports. Hood was released on written promise to appear Oct. 30 in District Criminal Court in Hillsborough, reports state.
  • A man was arrested at 7:32 p.m. Sunday at I Love NY Pizza on Franklin Street on charges of assault and battery, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Khaled Gabr, 39, of 3317 Singleleaf Lane in Raleigh, grabbed and pulled another employee against his will, reports state. Gabr was released on a written promise to appear Oct. 30 in District Criminal Court in Hillsborough, reports state.
  • Several students reported their bicycles stolen during the weekend, according to University police reports. Reports state that bicycles were stolen from outside Davie Hall and Spencer Residence Hall. A bicycle worth more than $2,500 also was stolen Friday from 411 E. Rosemary St., according to reports.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.