Saturday, June 15, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Police log

• Carl Harris Jr., 30, of 180 BPW Club Road N-8 in Carrboro, was arrested at 12:34 p.m. Saturday on four felony charges and one misdemeanor charge, according to Chapel Hill police reports. He was arrested for possession of a stolen firearm; assault with a handgun; cocaine trafficking; possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver cocaine and marijuana; and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to reports. Reports state that he was arrested after officers responded to a report of an assault and Harris was in possession of $2,094 worth of marijuana Harris was secured at Orange County Jail in lieu of $100,000 bail. He was scheduled to appear Monday in court, according to reports.
  • Police arrested a 20-year-old resident of 507 Sykes St. at 7:42 p.m. Sunday on West Rosemary Street near Graham Street, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that Rodrico Jackson was arrested on charges of robbery, a felony; assault on a female and second-degree trespassing. He was confined to Orange County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bail, and he was scheduled to appear Monday in court, according to police reports.
  • Someone reported at 10 a.m. Sunday that there was vandalism and damage to property at Joe's Joint at 161 1?2 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. People dug through the wall and stole $1,200 and credit card receipts, causing $500 worth of damage to the wallboard, reports state.
  • Larceny of beer was reported at 5:37 p.m. Sunday at the Food Lion in Rams Plaza, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Suspects attempted to steal cases of Corona and Heineken and a cooked chicken by pushing them out of the store in a shopping cart. The stolen items totaled $55, reports state.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.

The Daily Tar Heel 2024 Orientation Guide