Saturday, June 15, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Police log

• ?Jose Antonio Godinez, 43, of 401 N.C. 54 Bypass B23 in Carrboro, was arrested on misdemeanor charges of driving while impaired, possessing an open beverage and driving without a license at 4:13 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state Godinez was driving the offending vehicle in a crash that involved six cars at 1101 N.C. 54 Bypass in the Kingswood parking lot. Five of the cars were parked at the time of the collision. Reports state Godinez registered a 0.27 blood alcohol content on the Intoxilyzer. He was confined to Orange County Jail in lieu of $350 bail, according to reports. Godinez is scheduled to appear Dec. 18 in District Criminal Court in Chapel Hill, according to reports.
  • ?An incident of larceny from an employer was reported at 2:20 a.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state the suspect stole deposit cash and checks valued at $412 from Gumby's Pizza, located at 306 W. Franklin St. The items stolen were last secured at 5:20 a.m. Friday and have not yet been recovered, reports state.
  • ?Elizabeth Sturgess Doody, 19, was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of driving while impaired at 5:31 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state Doody, a resident of Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., was stopped at the intersection of U.S. 15-501 and Sage Road after nearly hitting a police car while running a red light. Doody registered a .11 blood alcohol content on the Intoxilyzer 5000, reports state. Doody was cited and released on written promise to appear Dec. 4 in administrative traffic court in Chapel Hill, according to reports.
  • ?Someone reported a stolen computer at 5:13 p.m. Friday from 101 Duncan Court Apartment B, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state the stolen laptop was valued at $1,200.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.

The Daily Tar Heel 2024 Orientation Guide