Saturday, June 15, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Police log

• An unnamed person was being investigated for assault with a deadly weapon and refusing to leave a residence, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state the police were notified after the suspect, who was acquainted with the victim, showed a knife. At 12:48 a.m. Wednesday, the suspect showed the victim a knife after being told to leave the residence, according to reports.
  • A Chapel Hill man was arrested on charges of possession with intent to sell or distribute cocaine after he was caught with 0.10 grams of crack cocaine, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Jeffrey Lee Blackwell, 23, of 159 Dogwood Acres Drive, was arrested on the 100 block of East Franklin Street at 3:01 p.m. Tuesday, according to reports. He was brought to the Chapel Hill Police Department for processing and was released on written promise to appear Wednesday in court, according to reports.
  • It was reported that an unknown person entered a car in the parking lot located at 215 Vance St. and stole an IBM ThinkPad laptop, valued at $2,000, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that the computer was taken from the car between the hours of noon and 1 p.m. Tuesday, after the perpetrator climbed through an unlocked rear door.
  • A person trespassed at the University Baptist Church property, located at 100 S. Columbia St., to smoke marijuana, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The incident was reported at 7:39 p.m. Monday, reports state.
  • Someone broke the driver's side window of a car parked at 150 E. Rosemary St. on Monday night and took a $400 iPod, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.

The Daily Tar Heel 2024 Orientation Guide