Saturday, June 15, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Police log

• ?Glenton Allen Horton was arrested on misdemeanor charges of assault on a government official, resisting arrest and being drunk and disorderly, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Horton, 41, of 510 Craig St. B, was arrested at 9:21 p.m. Saturday at Craig Street. He was confined to Orange County Jail in lieu of $1,000 bail, reports state. He was scheduled to appear Monday in court in Hillsborough, reports state.
  • ?Clarence Belafonte Campbell was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest at 9:15 p.m. Sunday at 202 Garden Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Campbell, 33, of 113 Woodbridge Lane, had what police reports described as a "fictitious gun."
  • ?Chapel Hill police apprehended a fugitive on U.S. 15-501 near Mount Carmel Church Road at 9:07 p.m. Sunday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Corey Jerome Yancey, 37, of 2325 Cook Road in Durham, was picked up for outstanding warrants from Newport, Ky., and arrested on a felony charge of being a fugitive, reports state. He was confined to Orange County Jail and was not issued bond, reports state.
  • ?A subject damaged a coin-operated washing machine, valued at $300, and took $50 in change at 8 a.m. Friday at Pinegate Apartments, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The incident of larceny from a coin machine and willful damage to property occurred at 100 Pinegate Circle, reports state.
  • ?A Durham man was arrested at 9:05 p.m. Friday on a misdemeanor charge of assault inflicting serious injury, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Daniel Peter Mohar, 23, of 2016 Jersey St., was arrested at 306 W. Franklin St., reports state. He was issued an unsecured bond of $500 and is scheduled to appear Feb. 18 in Chapel Hill District Criminal Court, reports state.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.

The Daily Tar Heel 2024 Orientation Guide