Saturday, June 15, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Police log

• An unknown suspect stole a 9 mm handgun from an unlocked vehicle, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The gun, valued at $450, was reported stolen at 8:34 a.m. Monday, according to reports.
  • Nicholas Jevone James, 29, was arrested at 6:14 a.m. Tuesday on misdemeanor charges of assault on a female, trespassing and interfering in an emergency situation, according to Chapel Hill police reports. James was confined at the Orange County Jail without bond, reports state. He was scheduled to appear in court Tuesday.
  • A generator was reported stolen from a construction site at 8:55 a.m. Monday after the storage container was broken into, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The generator is valued at $3,000, reports state.
  • A 1993 Nissan Maxima was stolen off N.C. 54 bypass on Monday at 7 p.m., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The vehicle, valued at $2,500, was located in a parking lot area when the theft occurred, reports state.
  • Jack Johnson, 19, was arrested at 4:40 p.m. Monday on the charge of failing to appear in court, according to Chapel Hill Police reports. Johnson was taken to the Orange County Jail in lieu of $300 bond, reports state.
  • Edgar Flores Lozada and Scott Michael Detter, both 18 and from Hickory, were arrested on drug and alcohol charges at 12:45 a.m. Saturday on Pittsboro Street after being found with 65 grams of marijuana and 2 grams of "crack" cocaine, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Both men are charged with possession with intent to sell or distribute marijuana and possession of a schedule II controlled substance, reports state, and were held in Orange County Jail in lieu of $10,000 bond pending Monday appearances in the court of first appearance in Hillsborough, reports state. Lozada also was charged with underage drinking, and Detter was also charged with driving while intoxicated, reports state.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.

The Daily Tar Heel 2024 Orientation Guide