Saturday, June 15, 2024 Newsletters Latest print issue

Police log

• ?An employee at the Cedar Village Family Fare convenience store at 618 Weaver Dairy Road stole and cashed in $300 worth of lottery tickets, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The incident of larceny by employee was reported at 4:20 p.m. Monday at the convenience store, reports state.
  • ?An incident of breaking and entering a residence with force was reported at 6:40 p.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state the suspect threw a brick through a window, entered and took a laptop at 311 Purefoy Road. The laptop is valued at $1,200 and damage to the window at $300.
  • ?Police arrested a Chapel Hill man at 1:16 a.m. Saturday at 333 S. Estes Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. O.D. Sanders Jr., of 333 S. Estes Drive, was arrested on two misdemeanor charges of hit-and-run and driving with a suspended or revoked license, according to reports. The 40-year-old man admitted to hitting another vehicle in the 106 Ephesus Church Road parking lot and was cited and released, reports state.
  • ?Incidents of larceny and trespassing were reported at 3:55 p.m. Saturday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state a suspect stole a T-shirt valued at $10.99 from Johnny T-shirt on Franklin Street.
  • ?An incident of breaking and entering a vehicle and vandalism with willful damage to property was reported at 6:10 a.m. Friday at 305 Old Franklin Grove Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.

The Daily Tar Heel 2024 Orientation Guide