Police log

• Police arrested a Chapel Hill man "while trying to flee from a residence he had been found sleeping in," according to Chapel Hill police reports. Johnny Worth Porter, 43, whose address was listed as the streets, was arrested at 8:54 a.m. Friday at Stratford Hills apartment complex, according to reports. He entered the unlocked residence and stole a coat valued at $100, reports state.
  • ?A UNC student was arrested for driving under the influence, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Thomas Boushall Valentine, 22, of 619 Coolidge St., was charged with misdemeanor counts of driving under the influence and having an open alcoholic beverage at 1:30 p.m. Friday, reports state. Valentine was arrested at Country Club Road near Gimghoul Road and was observed driving 63 mph in a 35 mph zone. He registered a 0.22 blood alcohol content on the Intoxilyzer, according to reports. Valentine was released on written promise to appear in district criminal court March 11 in Chapel Hill, reports state.
  • ?An automobile was reported stolen Friday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. A 1985 white Ford Escort valued at $1,500 was reported stolen from 1010 Raleigh Road at 6 p.m. Friday, according to reports.
  • Police are investigating three incidents where residents' garage doors were broken by unknown intruders, according to Chapel Hill police reports. All of the residences are within three miles of one another. An incident of vandalism and willful damage to property was reported at 8:43 a.m. Friday at 105 Millingport Court. The garage window was broken, but there was no evidence the suspect tried to enter the garage, reports state. Damage of $20 to security light bulbs and damage to the window, valued at $50, was reported. A separate incident of vandalism and willful damage to property was reported at 9:20 a.m. Friday at 433 Nottingham Drive. Damage to the garage window is valued at $50, reports state. A third incident of breaking and entering a residence by force was reported at 9:17 p.m. Friday at 101 Tweed Place, according to reports. An unknown intruder broke the window to the garage, causing an estimated $50 in damage, reports state.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.