Police log

• An unknown person broke off a railroad crossing arm Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The incident was reported at 4:50 p.m. at the Estes Extension Chapel City Limits, according to reports. The noncriminal incident caused $10,000 in damage to the crossing arm, reports state.
  • An unknown suspect stole $600 in brass piping from a construction site at 128 Erwin Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The incident reports say that the materials were last seen on Jan. 26, but they were not discovered missing until 1:00 p.m. Monday. The materials were owned by The Barnes Group, reports state.
  • Police are investigating a break-in at a home in Chapel Hill Monday in which thousands of dollars in electronics were stolen, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Someone forcibly entered a residence at 411 Granville Road and took $3,150 worth of gaming and computer equipment, reports state. The missing items were reported at 7:49 p.m. Monday and include a laptop computer, Playstation 2 and Nintendo Wii, reports state.
  • Someone broke into a vehicle Monday and stole $625 worth of goods, police reports state. The reports state that the incident occurred at a parking lot at 1807 Fordham Blvd. in the afternoon. The incident was reported at 4:14 p.m., according to reports. An unknown suspect broke into a 2007 Honda Odyssey that was located in a parking lot and took a Blackberry cell phone, a Bluetooth headset, a leather purse and other items, according to the reports.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.