Police log

• Dean Allen Fox II, 18, a UNC freshman from Greensboro, was cited for underage possession of spirituous liquor after he didn't put his flask away soon enough as he walked into the police station Saturday afternoon, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Fox is scheduled to appear in court in Hillsborough April 14, according to reports.
  • Someone shattered the glass in the front door of Sugarland, the new gelato and cookie shop that Carrboro activist and former Board of Alderman candidate Katrina Ryan opened this month, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The damage, valued at $600, was done to the 140 E. Franklin St. store sometime between 1 a.m. and 5:15 a.m. Friday, reports state.
  • A Chapel Hill man was treated for a gunshot wound from an undetermined firearm at N.C. Memorial Hospital on Saturday afternoon, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone stole $300 in loose change and a portable DVD player valued at $150 from an unlocked Oakwood Drive home sometime between Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Police are continuing to investigate the identity of the robber, reports state.
  • Kendrick Antonio Baldwin, 23, of 1328 Ferguson Road, was arrested in Carrboro after fleeing from police on foot and in a vehicle, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Baldwin was arrested at 12:35 p.m. Saturday on a felony charge of speeding to elude police and misdemeanor charges of drunk driving, resisting arrest, driving on a suspended license, reckless driving and speeding, reports state. He was taken to Orange County Jail in lieu of $500 bail and is to appear today in court in Hillsborough, reports state.
  • Joshua Richard Hardee, 21, of 112 Lindsay St., Carrboro, was arrested at 2:03 a.m. Saturday at 1500 E. Franklin St. on several drug charges, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Hardee was found with 57.8 grams of marijuana and taken to Orange County Jail in lieu of $2,000 bail pending an appearance in court today on a felony charge of possessing marijuana and misdemeanor charges of having drug paraphernalia, drunk driving and speeding, reports state.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.

The Daily Tar Heel 2024 Graduation Guide