Police log

• A Chapel Hill man was arrested for possessing an invalid license and for improper registration, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Joshua Jamar Faucette, 27, of 144 Cherokee Drive, was arrested at 5:44 a.m. Wednesday on U.S. 15- 501 near Eastowne Drive, reports state. Faucette was released on written promise to appear in court, according to reports. He is scheduled to appear in the Court of Administrative Traffic April 22, reports state
  • A water use violation was reported at 5:14 p.m. Monday at 100 Candlelight Court, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Chapel Hill is under Stage 2 water restrictions.
  • An East Chapel Hill High School student was arrested for possession of marijuana, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Kumar Louis Warren, 18, of 103 Billie Holiday Court, was arrested at 5:17 p.m. Monday at Gomains Avenue at Graig Street, according to reports. Police seized 1 gram of marijuana, reports state. Warren was released with no bond and is scheduled to appear in District Criminal Court April 8.
  • Marijuana was found at Phillips Middle School Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. n Police responded to a report of vandalism Sunday at the fire station at 403 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., according to Chapel Hill police reports. Someone broke the solar lights near artwork at the location, reports state. Police suspect the vandalism was a possible theft attempt, according to reports.
  • An incident of possession of stolen goods, drugs and an invalid license was reported at 3:26 p.m. Monday on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.

The Daily Tar Heel 2024 Orientation Guide