Police Log

?Just before 5 a.m. on Valentine's Day, Chapel Hill police arrested Evan Derose Henage for assault on a female, a misdemeanor, and assault by strangulation, a felony, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The arrest of Henage, 18, of 305 Woodhaven Road, came about two hours after he was released from his first arrest of the day, a charge of underage possession of alcohol, for which he was nabbed at 12:23 that morning, reports state. Henage had registered a 0.06 blood alcohol content and was released along with Jeremy Scott Nichols, 20, of 112 Woodbridge Lane, who was charged with driving while impaired, violating conditions of a provisional license and driving with a suspended license, according to reports. For the assault charges, Henage was taken to Orange County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bond pending a hearing later that day, reports state. A Rams Head Dining Hall employee was arrested at her home Wednesday evening on charges of failing to appear in court, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Demetrice Ann Pool, 38, of 107 Jackie Robinson St., was released on $400 bond and is scheduled to appear in court Feb. 25 in Hillsborough, reports state.