Police log

• Someone threw an orange at a 2001 Volvo S80 at about 12:30 p.m. Sunday at 1400 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Someone used a concrete goose to break into a 2002 Honda Odyssey parked at 227 Vance St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The goose was used to break the front passenger window. Damage of $200 to the car was reported. A bag valued at $25 was reported stolen.
  • A Sony PS3 and $75 cash were stolen at gunpoint at 9:26 p.m. Sunday at a 109 Park Road apartment, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The video game system is valued at $400, reports state.
  • A Chapel Hill man was charged with driving under the influence after he was pulled over for driving with his headlights off at 2:03 a.m. Saturday at 100 E. Rosemary St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The officer smelled a strong odor of alcohol on Joshua Ryan Lloyd, 24, of 1107 New Hope Church Road, reports state. Lloyd failed a field dexterity test and was taken before a magistrate, reports state. He was released on written promise to appear in court April 22 in Chapel Hill, according to reports.
  • A 1997 white Jeep Wrangler was reported stolen at 3:15 p.m. Friday on Glade Street, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The jeep is valued at $1,000, reports state.
  • A pedestrian was attempting to run across Barclay Road and ran into the side of a car Friday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Clothes and jewelry valued at $1,512 were stolen but recovered from three Franklin Street businesses, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The thefts were reported at 7:25 p.m. Friday at Fine Feathers, Apple Boutique and Laughing Turtle Home, reports state.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.

The Daily Tar Heel 2024 Graduation Guide