Police log

?Vandalism to a 2006 black Volkswagon parked at 211 Church St. was reported, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage of $500 to the hood and side of the car was reported at 1:04 p.m. Monday. Pry tools were used to break into a South Merritt Mill Road house, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Someone entered the kitchen window at the rear of the house Monday between 8 a.m. and 6:05 p.m., reports state. A television valued at $1,899.99 was reported stolen, and $50 damage to two windows was reported. Someone knocked over driveway ornaments Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Vandalism and willful damage to property valued at $1,000 was reported at 9:09 p.m. at 101 Sheffield Circle, reports state. A 2002 silver Ford Taurus was reported stolen at 2:48 p.m. Monday at 220 Elizabeth St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. The car, which was parked at a residence, is valued at $5,000, reports state. An incident of loud music was reported at 7:28 a.m. Monday at 130 Estes Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Someone was playing guitar with the door open, reports state. A Chapel Hill man was arrested after failing to appear in court for a previous charge of driving with a revoked license, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Tracy Eugene Farrington, 44, of 104 Johnson St., was seen walking at 1200 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. and charged with failure to appear at 6:30 p.m. Monday, reports state. He was confined at Orange County Jail in lieu of $500 bail, reports state.

The Daily Tar Heel 2024 Orientation Guide