• "In The Continuum," Sept. 10 to Sept. 14 The first offering in PRC2 attempts to humanize the HIV/AIDS epidemic through two women from different parts of the world who are diagnosed with the disease.
  • "Pericles," Sept. 24 to Oct. 12 "I love this play," said Haj, who will direct this production of Shakespeare's epic play. Jack Herrick, of Chapel Hill's Red Clay Ramblers, will provide a musical score.
  • "Blue Door," Oct. 22 to Nov. 9 Making its regional premiere, "Blue Door" uses one man's struggle to visit themes of personal identity and cultural heritage.
  • "The Little Prince," Nov. 26 to Dec. 14 PlayMakers will reprise its 2007 production of Antoine de St. Exupéry's children's book because of popular demand.
  • "The Young Ladies Of . ," Jan. 7 to Jan. 11, 2009 A part of UNC's campuswide exploration of gender, this one-man show in PRC2 features the actor and playwright's autobiographical story.
  • "Well," Jan. 24 to March 1, 2009, and "The Glass Menagerie," Jan. 25 to Feb. 28, 2009 These memory plays exploring relationships between mothers and daughters will be performed in rotating repertory.
  • "Pride and Prejudice," April 1 to April 19, 2009 PlayMakers' main stage finale is an adaptation of Jane Austen's most recognized story of romance and social class.
  • "9 Parts of Desire," April 22 to April 26, 2009 PRC2 closes with a play based on a decade's worth of interviews with nine Iraqi women. Contact the Arts Editor at artsdesk@unc.edu.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.