Police log

• A Durham resident was arrested at 12:18 a.m. Wednesday for possession of a stolen handgun, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Phillip Brandon Edwards, 24, was pulled over at the intersection of Merritt Mill Road and West Franklin Street and was arrested for driving with a revoked license. Police discovered a stolen Glock handgun, 7.4 grams of cocaine, 3.4 grams of marijuana and a digital scale, according to reports. Edwards faces felony charges for possession of stolen goods, carrying a concealed weapon and maintaining a vehicle, reports state. Police seized $512 in cash, the handgun and the 2001 silver Mercedes-Benz Edwards was driving. Police also served two orders for arrest for failing to appear in court, according to reports. Edwards was confined at Orange County Jail in lieu of $35,000 bail, in addition to bonds of $2,500 for the orders for arrest. He was scheduled to appear in court in Hillsborough on Wednesday, reports state.
  • Another Durham resident was arrested Monday for possession of a stolen handgun, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Otis Keith Johnson, 22, was arrested at the corner of Graham and West Rosemary streets after police discovered he was carrying a concealed weapon, reports state. Johnson faces felony charges of possession of a stolen firearm and weapon possession by a felon. He also faces a misdemeanor charge of carrying a concealed weapon, according to reports. He is serving probation for two drug related charges in Orange and Wake counties, according to the N.C. Department of Correction's online records. Johnson was confined at Orange County Jail in lieu of $25,000 bail. He was scheduled to appear in court Tuesday, reports state.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.