Police Log

• The window of a 2004 champagne-colored Honda Odyssey at 150 E. Rosemary St. was shot with a BB gun, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage of $600 to the rear window was reported at 10:21 p.m. Sunday, according to reports.
  • Two incidents of larceny and breaking and entering from a residence with force were reported Sunday on Ridge Trail, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Someone entered the home at 178 Ridge Trail through an unlocked door between 3 p.m. and 7:45 p.m., pried open a locked interior door and stole an iPod nano valued at $200. Damage of $50 was reported to the door jamb, according to reports. At 180 Ridge Trail, someone entered an unlocked back door between 3:30 p.m. and 8:48 p.m. A Sony Vaio laptop valued at $2,000 was reported stolen, in addition to a total of $7,500 worth of jewelry, reports state.
  • An unknown male in a 2001 white and black Nissan drove away with a pitbull dog that did not belong to him, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The dog, valued at $100, was reported stolen at 12:45 p.m. Saturday from 510 Craig St., reports state.
  • A peeping Tom was reported at a home on Shepherd Lane Thursday, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • A man was arrested at the Carolina Inn on Saturday at 3:20 p.m. after hitting his father on the head with a beer bottle. David Francis Bishop, 23, of Louisburg, hit his father and struggled with police as they tried to subdue him. Officials had to tackle Bishop to the ground to arrest him. An antique chair was broken during the fray, valued at $500, according to University police reports. Bishop was also found in possession of marijuana and was taken to Orange County Jail and held without bail.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.