Police log

• A disturbance was reported at 6:39 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Hillsborough and Rosemary streets, according to Chapel Hill police reports. According to reports, there was a physical altercation after a racial slur was overheard.
  • A couple reported being robbed at gun point at 6:57 p.m. Tuesday in their home on Estes Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. A total of $4,915 worth of Oxycotin drugs, jewelry and cash were reported stolen.
  • A Chapel Hill man was arrested for assaulting his girlfriend at 3:45 a.m. Wednesday at 1800 E. Franklin St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. George Ormond Howard, 40, of 600 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., faces two charges of assault on a female and one charge of communicating threats, reports state.
  • A Lenovo laptop computer, valued at $800, was reported stolen at 12:56 p.m. Tuesday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The breaking and entering and larceny from a vehicle was reported at 201 S. Estes Drive, reports state.
  • Someone stole a purse from a UNC student sitting at a bus stop at 4:01 p.m. Tuesday at 103 S. Columbia St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. A purse and wallet were reported stolen, in addition to an Olympus digital camera, prescription drugs of Adderall and Seasonesque, cash and debit and identification cards, according to police reports. The total estimated value of the stolen goods is $570, reports state.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.

The Daily Tar Heel 2024 Orientation Guide