Police log

• A Chapel Hill felon was arrested for carrying a concealed handgun at 12:43 a.m. Sunday at Seawell School Road, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Dewayne Antione Oldham, 33, of 7214 Union Grove Church Road, faces a felony charge of weapon possession by a felon, reports state. He faces misdemeanor charges of carrying a concealed weapon and driving with a suspended or revoked license and with defective equipment, reports state. Oldham received concurrent probation sentences in 1991 for misdemeanor larceny greater than $200, according to the N.C. Department of Corrections. He was convicted in 1995 for felony possession of a schedule II drug and the sentence was suspended in lieu of probation, according to DOC reports. Oldham was confined at Orange County Jail in lieu of $10,000 bail, according to Chapel Hill police reports. He is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday, reports state.
  • Vandalism and damage to property was reported at 12:34 a.m. Saturday after someone damaged the passenger side mirror of a 1996 Lexus parked at 105 N. St., according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage of $150 to a side mirror was reported.
  • The Franklin Hotel's front door was reported vandalized at 2:47 a.m. Sunday at the 311 W. Franklin St. hotel, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage of $2,500 to the glass door was reported.
  • Construction equipment was reported stolen from a construction site at 309 E. Barbee Chapel Road at 8:51 a.m. Friday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. A Bobcat, valued at $10,000, was reported stolen.
  • A Durham man was arrested for resisting arrest at 1:29 a.m. Friday on West Franklin Street, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Robert Abraham Nogales, 28, faces a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest. He was released on written promise to appear in court June 23, reports state.
  • An incident of speeding and littering was reported after trash was thrown out of a blue 2005 Toyota 4Runner at 9:29 a.m. Friday near the intersection of East Franklin Street and Roosevelt Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • Breaking and entering and larceny from vehicle was reported after someone broke the window of a silver 1995 Acura parked at the Friday Center Park and Ride lot at 1:25 a.m. Friday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. A $200 stereo and a $50 vacuum cleaner were reported stolen. Damage of $200 to the passenger side window and $200 to the ignition switch was reported.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.