Police log

• Three people employed by Dedicated Turnaround were arrested Monday for selling magazine subscriptions without a permit, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Leonard Nelson Avery III, 22, of Clayton, and Vandeara Shawnta Faulkner, 20, of Durham, were arrested at 509 Perry Creek Drive, reports state. Rodney Louis Frederick, 42, of Charlotte, was arrested at 2:46 p.m. at Sweeten Creek Road and Toynbee Place, according to reports. All three face misdemeanor charges of soliciting without a permit, according to reports. All three are scheduled to appear in court May 19, reports state.
  • An Efland man was arrested for trying to buy Percocet with a forged prescription at 10:08 a.m. Monday at 1800 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., according to Chapel Hill police reports. Dwight Robert Lane, 54, faces a felony charge of prescription forgery. Lane also was served with a failure to appear warrant, reports state. He was confined at Orange County Jail in lieu of $3,000 bail and was scheduled to appear in court Tuesday, reports state.
  • A 1997 silver Acura was reported stolen at 1:22 a.m. Tuesday from a parking lot at 301 Pinegate Circle, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The Acura is valued at $8,000, according to reports.
  • Breaking and entering and larceny from a residence was reported at 6:19 p.m. Monday from a home on Markham Drive, according to Chapel Hill police reports. A ring valued at $200, a Nintendo Wii valued at $250, and $225 in cash were reported stolen.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.