Police log

• More than $11,000 worth of electronics were stolen from a home on Justice Street on Monday afternoon, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The suspect entered the unlocked residence and took four IBM ThinkPad laptops, three digital cameras and two iPods between 2 p.m. and 3:44 p.m., reports state.
  • Vandalism and willful damage to property was reported after a rock was thrown through the glass door of an ABC store sometime between 5 a.m. and 6:45 a.m. Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Damage of $200 to the glass door was reported at the liquor store located at 609 Meadowmont Village Circle, according to reports.
  • A man who walked out of the Burlington Shoes store at 201 S. Estes Drive wearing stolen shoes was arrested Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Joseph Lewis Merricks, 35, of Carrboro, was arrested immediately after stealing the shoes from the University Mall store and faces one misdemeanor larceny charge. The shoes are valued at $49.98, according to reports. Merricks was released on a written promise to appear in the District Criminal Court on Nov. 10, reports state. Police recovered the stolen shoes, according to reports.
  • Fifty N.C. vehicle inspection stickers were lost at the Jiffy Lube at 607 W. Franklin St. on Monday afternoon, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The stickers are valued at $100, reports state. A Jiffy Lube employee told police that the service station lost the stickers between 2:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m., according to reports.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.

The Daily Tar Heel 2024 Graduation Guide