Police log

• An incident of larceny and breaking and entering was reported at 5:16 p.m. Friday at 102 Fraternity Court, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that $4,100 worth of goods were stolen, including two IBM laptops and an Xbox 360. The building was unsecured when the property was removed, reports state.
  • Someone was found at 12:15 a.m. Saturday in possession of a large bag of marijuana at Granville Towers East, according to Chapel Hill police reports.
  • An incident of damage to property was reported at 2:35 a.m. Saturday at Lime and Basil, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that a flood light was broken when someone jumped up to slap a sign at the restaurant, located at 202 W. Franklin St.
  • An incident of simple assault was reported at 3:21 a.m. Saturday on East Franklin Street, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Reports state that the suspect hit the victim in the face twice with a closed fist.
  • Police arrested a man Friday after he evaded police and hid, according to Carrboro police reports. Richard Travor Jebb III, 21, of Durham, was arrested for possession of a stolen firearm, possession of marijuana, careless and reckless driving, hit and run and driving with a revoked license, reports state. He was arrested on Brunswick Court in Chapel Hill after police recognized a maroon Oldsmobile seen previously with fictitious license plates. Police followed the Oldsmobile into Savannah Terrace and found it still in drive but with no driver, reports state. Police noticed a Smith & Wesson revolver about thirty feet from the car, according to reports. The officer searched the area and found Jebb under a deck, reports state. An officer searched Jebb and found five grams of marijuana, reports state. Jebb told officers that a man had robbed him at gunpoint and forced him to participate in armed robberies in the morning, according to reports. He later admitted to making that story up and officers determined that Keiland Harris, 18, of Carrboro, was a front-seat passenger in the Oldsmobile, reports state. Jebb was confined at Orange County Jail in lieu of $4,000 bail, reports state.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.