Police log

• An incident of breaking and entering and larceny from a vehicle was reported at 2:40 p.m. Monday at a parking lot on Highway 54 Bypass, according to Chapel Hill police reports. The Ford Focus was last secure at 11:30 p.m. Sunday, according to reports. Reports state that a stereo valued at $170 was removed from the unlocked vehicle, which belonged to a UNC student.
  • Personal items worth about $650 were reported stolen from a Meares Road residence Monday, according to police reports. Reports state that a door was pushed in and lock broken at the home, adding an additional $175 in damage, according to reports. A PlayStation 3 computer entertainment station, several PlayStation games, two wireless controllers, a portable PlayStation device, a BB pistol and Airsoft pistol BB rounds were reported missing.
  • About $600 worth of personal possessions were reported stolen from a Markham Drive residence Monday, according to Chapel Hill police reports. Someone entered an unlocked garage and car. The suspect removed a hands-free blue tooth device, GPS device, an iPod, fanny-pack belt and $75 in cash, according to reports. The items were last known secure at 9 p.m. Saturday and were reported missing at 10:48 a.m. Monday, according to reports.
  • Police responded to an incident of misdemeanor larceny when a man reported Monday that his license plate was missing, according to Carrboro police reports. The man stated that his car broke down at Carrboro High School last week, and when he returned to his car Thursday the license plate was missing, records state.
  • To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.