After endorsement voter changes mind on Perdue

I was somewhat surprised to see Democratic gubernatorial candidate (Lt. Gov.) Bev Perdue receive endorsements from the major NC law enforcement organizations.  On the other hand this is a woman who wants to deny access to college education to illegal immigrants who were forced to come here as toddlers with their parents who did break the law.  It defies logic to punish children for events they had no say in.

Given the sheriff's association push for a crackdown on illegal immigrants for which Johnston County's Sheriff Bizzell is a poster boy it is not surprising that the law enforcement lobbies would endorse Perdue who will say anything to keep her Party's stranglehold on Raleigh. After all" most people outside of RTP want to round up all those ""brown-skinned folks that breed like rabbits"" and put them on Mexico-bound buses" not just the ones who are stopped for committing crimes like DUIs or gang violence as the 287g program proposes.  I guess Perdue figured she'd jump on the populist bandwagon.

I was planning to vote for Perdue-I didn't vote for a gubernatorial candidate in the GOP primary.  But since the blatantly redneck hateful law enforcement groups think Perdue will do more to appease the state's Bubba's than Republican Pat McCrory I'll vote straight Republican again this year. After all McCain has led the charge for humane immigration reform.

Michael Lewis

Senior

Health Policy and

Management