Concerned over lack of coverage of economy

While I love Chapel Hill as much if not more than many of my fellow students occasionally I am forced to admit there is life outside of our beautiful quad and idealisms. Be it higher gas prices global warming or say the recent downturn of … our entire economy our bubble is by no means impenetrable.

As an avid reader of The Daily Tar Heel" I must express my disappointment in the blatant lack of coverage of the economic events bearing direct effect on us.

We would be naïve in writing this off as an issue for only those hoping to enter the financial job market upon graduation.

While the Washington Post and New York Times throw around phrases like ""depression-era tactics"" and ""liquidity measurements are a stopgap"" and the Wall Street Journal provides enough numbers to confuse most citizens" I would like to look to The Daily Tar Heel for a comprehensive article on the economy.

We need an article that a college student who may not be a BSBA Candidate at Kenan-Flagler can read and understand. To my dismay I find nothing of the sort.

Finally I am acutely aware that I am not alone in noticing the lack of coverage concerning the economy in our beloved local newspaper. Nor am I alone in writing about it.

Caroline Thore

Senior

Political Science