Orientation. Meeting the new chancellor. Dinner on Franklin Street.

It might sound like C-TOPS but the Tar Heels descending on campus this weekend are hardly first-years.

A group of 160 alumni will spend time on campus today and Saturday as members of the Board of Visitors an advisory body to the chancellor and the Board of Trustees" that convenes twice a year.

And some of the members are as excited to be on campus as incoming students.

""It's Chapel Hill — it's like coming home"" Board of Visitors Vice Chairman Michael Kennedy said.

This year, the board will evaluate a variety of issues that the University has outlined as priorities, starting with ways to attract students, one of Chancellor Holden Thorp's top priorities.

We have been very blessed historically with a great student body" and we take great pride in this said Board of Visitors Chairman Jeff Allred. But we're going to expand and grow over the years" and we need to make sure that the best and brightest are still coming to Carolina.""

Allred and Kennedy also are working on the implementation of a grassroots lobbying body that would argue for laws to benefit the University.

The arrival of the new chancellor will change the board's focus in a positive way"" Allred said.

""Any time you have a change you have someone looking at the system anew" he said. He's an impressive man" and it's going to be fun working with him.""

Board members arrived on campus Thursday afternoon and attended a preview of the 1958 Exhibition at the Ackland Art Museum. New members attended an orientation at the Morehead Building.

Today"" all members will attend a series of presentations designed to acquaint them with pressing issues on campus.

""We see this as an advisory role" where we are helping the University think through a variety of issues" Allred said. And what we want to take out of these meetings is a sense of urgency to act on behalf of the alumni and Carolina as a whole.""

Susan Rosenthal" a new board member" said she is excited to take part in changes on campus.

""I hope to find ways that I can contribute ideas" or a vision or an objective perspective to UNC she said. Ultimately" I would like to find a way to make a difference.""

Alumni expressed excitement to be back in Chapel Hill for the weekend.

""These are some of the best and brightest of our alumni in the nation"" Allred said. It's fun to be with them.""

Kennedy said he is looking forward to the camaraderie and the focus on campus this weekend.

""Many of these people haven't been back to school in years" he said. It's great getting everyone united" renewing old friendships and making new ones.""

Allred said being on campus brings people back to their days as undergraduates.

""It reminds people of the time they were most curious.""