Eve Carson Memorial 5k was an amazing success

Thank you Carolina! Thanks to the 2191 people who registered to run or walk in the inaugural Eve Marie Carson Memorial 5k making it an amazing success.

We would also like to say a huge thank you to the members of Phi Delta Theta and Pi Beta Phi who hosted this event and worked tirelessly to ensure its success.

Thank you to the Students for the Carolina Way. With more than 200 volunteers from their respective organizations they made this 5k an unprecedented event.

The Eve Marie Carson Scholarship was born of an idea Eve had during her campaign for student body president. Upon her tragic death in March the University decided to name the scholarship for Eve as a living memorial. The selection committee will award the scholarship to between one and five deserving students. The application is available at www.unc.edu/eve for juniors and is due this Friday at 5 p.m.

The 5k on Saturday was the largest fundraiser thus far to benefit the scholarship. Gathering on the quad on Saturday the Carolina community remembered Eve and her definition of the Carolina way.

While we wait for the final numbers to be tallied and dollars counted please know how grateful we are to the University community for helping raise the necessary funds to make Eve's dream of a junior-year merit scholarship a reality.

Caroline Thore
Outreach Coordinator

Andy Woods
Scholarship Director
Eve Marie Carson Scholarship