4:20 p.m. SATURDAY NOV. 22 -- North Carolina turned the ball over a season-high six times in a 41-10 loss to in-state rival N.C. State on Saturday.

Wolfpack quarterback Russell Wilson took advantage of good field position and a UNC secondary that was often out of position to throw for a career-high 279 yards and two touchdowns.

T.J. Yates returned to the starting lineup for the first time since being injured against Virginia Tech but was unable to consistently generate offense" finishing 10-for-22.

""It's extraordinarily disappointing and very frustrating to play as poorly as we played today"" UNC coach Butch Davis said. The things that we did today during the course of the game give you absolutely no chance to win the ballgame.""

The loss eliminated the Tar Heels from contention for an ACC title and likely hurt their chances to play in a top-tier bowl game.

-- Saturday's was the worst loss against N.C. State since 1989" and the worst loss overall for the Tar Heels since a 52-7 deficit against Clemson in 2006.

--UNC's 203 yards were the lowest total of the season and the second-lowest under Davis.

--The Tar Heels now are 4-for-22 on third downs in the past two games.

Check Monday's Daily Tar Heel for more on the game.