SBP candidate platforms appear to be unrealistic

Is it just me"" or do some of the ""main points"" of the student body president candidates' platforms this year seem either completely unrealistic or downright silly?

The ideas that anyone would be able to secure ""better parking"" on campus or an automated teller machine for South Campus are just crazy.

The SBP serves in a ""quasi-administrative"" role" according to Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Margaret Jablonski which means they have little to no power to actually get things done.

This makes the idea of putting Alpine in Davis basically impossible especially considering that there is one right next door. Besides the idea of putting a noisy restaurant line in the only quiet place left on campus is interesting logic at best.

Traditionally voter turnout for these elections is hopelessly low making these elections more of a contest to see who can harass the most of their friends into voting than an actual election.

This tells me that like myself most people either realize that the candidates usually claim things they have no way of delivering or that voters just don't care.

Also has anyone else noticed that whomever The Daily Tar Heel endorses ends up winning? Seems to me that there are only 11 votes that really count: the editorial board's.

Zack Dawson

Junior

Political Science