The Orange County Board of Commissioners passed Tuesday an agenda to present to the N.C. General Assembly later this month.

The approved legislative agenda for Orange County is a 38-item document containing issues which the county hopes that state representatives will address.

The agenda identifies several priorities including more funding options for transportation and school construction.

Commissioners also support banning smoking in all public places.

In addition commissioners chose to support the Jordan Lake Rules" a proposal aimed at reducing stormwater pollution and preserving the lake.

Commissioner Bernadette Pelissier noted the importance of throwing full support behind the rules.

""There's going to be negotiations regardless of what we say"" she said. I support us making a strong statement.""

Commissioners approved most of the items on the agenda without discussing them at the meeting" but decided to temporarily delay a request for funding for the Orange County Heritage Center.

The resolution requests $134000 from the N.C. General Assembly to establish the center which would serve as a space to preserve historical documents.

Commissioners said they removed it from the agenda because they feel more details about the project needs to be gathered including an in-depth look at the contents of the collection where to house it and how much the project would cost.

The agenda will be presented to the county's legislative delegation April 20.