There's no doubt that Student Body President Jasmin Jones has spunk.

""Her smile is just infectious"" said Student Congress Speaker Joe Levin-Manning. All it takes is a smile from her and you realize you're doing this because it's something that you love.""

It will take more than smiles from Jones to run a student government organization of hundreds of students next year" but the newly elected president's personality will be a significant factor in helping her accomplish her goals.

In the face of budget shortfalls" Jones will use her motivational leadership style to focus on connecting students to resources and opportunities the University already offers.

""She is the quintessential motivator"" said 2008-09 Vice President Todd Dalrymple. She can really rally the troops like none other.""

Jones will need to put this ability to work fairly quickly.

While fees funding student government will remain constant"" the University will have less money to partner with students on initiatives. Vice President David Bevevino said this will provide an additional challenge.

""Especially in a time where the University has limited resources" it's time to find out everything that we have here at UNC that makes this school so great" he said.

As to how her administration will differ from former Student Body President J.J. Raynor's, Jones said she will work to make their work more prominent on campus.

We are going to be just as policy-savvy" but we are also going to be very responsive to students" she said. We're going to be visible.""

It's great if student government makes positive changes" but students need to know that the changes have occurred" Jones said.

""A lot was done last year in the office and the meeting rooms"" but it needs to go farther than that.""

To publicize its initiatives"" the administration is working to create a public relations team. The team would collect data and market programs and events to students.

Student Body Secretary Jonathan Tugman said the new president will face a significant learning curve.

""She's expected to know everything about everything that's going on on campus"" he said. It's going to take her a little time to fully figure everything out.""

But Senior Adviser Elinor Benami said Jones has proven a fast learner.

""When things die down on campus" she heads to the student government suite and gets down to work she said.

And as for the legacy Jones hopes to leave?

That's a long way off she said. But if I could think of one thing" I would hope when we leave there would be an understanding that we need each other to make things happen.""