Google
Thumbs up

Reportedly, Google is “99.9 percent” certain it will end operations in China after a long-running dispute over censorship. Here’s what you get if you search for this in China:

Senior countdown
Neutral thumb

Now that we’re back from Spring Break, the official senior countdown has begun. To graduation? Yeah, sure, and also to being officially unemployed. Hey, at least the weather’s finally nice, right?

KFC closing
Neutral thumb

owntown Carrboro staple KFC closed its doors recently. This is a blow to Carrboro’s fine dining. But the place didn’t even have a drive-thru. Sounds a little too eco-friendly for Carrboro.   

Murray Hill
Thumbs up

After the controversial Supreme Court decision on campaign finance, the public relations firm Murray Hill, Inc., announced plans to run for office. This will make Congress more efficient by cutting out the middle man.

UNC in the NIT

Thumbs down

UNC earned — scratch that, was lucky to get —  a bid to the NIT.  The team’s 16-16 record is really awful, especially for a defending national champion. Let’s just hope  the “spoiled” fans can appreciate an accomplishment when they see it! 

Tan bodies

Thumbs up

Now that everyone has returned from their Caribbean cruises and Florida excursions, campus has been awash in  tanned  bodies, another sign spring is on its way.
Carolina Blue always looks best when worn with a tan.