Durham strip club

Thumbs Down

Talks have begun about building a 10,000-foot strip club on nearly 24 acres in north Durham. Wow, this will totally   ruin Durham’s upstanding image. All we can say is: Get ready for some earthquakes. 

Obama in N.C.

Thumbs Up

President Obama took his family on vacation Asheville this past week.   The Obamas wanted a nice, regular Joe vacation, unlike the one in Martha’s Vineyard. Nothing says blue collar like the Biltmore estate. 

New DTH office

Neutral Thumb

This is the last school year the DTH will be produced in our Union office before we move to Rosemary Street. Hey, judging by the police log, that’s usually where a lot more student action is.

Last class

Thumbs Up

The end is near. Today is the last day of classes, in case you forgot.  So go to class naked, show up drunk, hit on the professor, ask that cute TA out. In essence, do all the things that you’ve  been doing all year long.

Arizona law

Thumbs Down

Arizona’s new immigration law allows police to ask for identification  if there’s “reasonable suspicion” someone is illegal (read: looks Latino). The state motto changed accordingly: Arizona — If you’ve ever wanted to  live in the Stalin-era USSR.

Boobquake

Thumbs Up

A 6.9 rattled Taiwain on Monday as women all over the world wore low-cut shirts to prove that, contrary to what an Iranian cleric thinks, boobs don’t cause earthquakes. Turns out they do. Oh, the power of cleavage.