Drinking saves
Thumbs Up

Great news for everybody in college: a recent scientific study found that heavy drinkers live longer than those who don’t drink at all. That’ll be a great line for your folks…or your sponsor.

Gmail priority inbox
Thumbs Up

Gmail now prioritizes what e-mails you consider “important” based on which ones you read first. That’s a little sketchy, but at least all those “please remove me from this listserv” e-mails won’t be on top.

No booze, no boys
Neutral Thumb

For the next week or so, sorority girls will not be seen anywhere near booze or boys. Good? Maybe. Bad? Probably for bars that guys go to because girls are there (read: Bob’s). Who knows?

Deep-fried beer
Thumbs Up

AWESOME. Appropriately, it was invented in Texas. It’s unclear whether this was included in the research studies showing heavy drinkers live longer. But still — how great would a deep-fried beer joint be next to Krispy Kreme?

‘Dislike’ scam
Thumbs Down

Facebook users were victims of a scam that falsely advertised a “dislke button” application. It looks like hopes of disliking the Facebook status (and pictures?) of last night’s mistake are all but lost. Oh well, there’s always the kvetching board.

Hurricane Earl
Thumbs Down

A hurricane is coming toward the North Carolina coast. The National Hurricane Center puts winds in excess of 110mph. Poetic justice that a huge storm is coming our way just as our scandal-ridden football team plays a team from New Orleans?