State Fair

The N.C. State Fair broke the attendance record, with more than 1 million visitors this season. How many pounds do you think 1 million people gained from eating fried … everything?

WSSU e-mails

Winston-Salem State University accidentally sent an e-mail to students supporting Democrats then broke the law again sending one supporting Republicans. Now that’s fair and balanced.

Halloween

Halloween in Chapel Hill is of course a very fun event, fully deserving a thumbs up. But it’s a good bet most of you won’t be feeling very “thumbs up” on the walk to class Monday morning. Enjoy Sunday, though.

Signature count

Student Congress raised the minimum number of signatures required to run for student body president. The Narwhal Party received 1,018 signatures last year, but this could be a major hit to the party’s future.

Medlin: ‘Stay out’

Student Body President Hogan Medlin asked local universities to avoid Chapel Hill on Halloween. Way to keep it homegrown. We’d love a quid pro quo with Duke to get us back into LDOC, but sorry guys, it’s the town’s decision.

Military friendly?

An N.C. legislator running for re-election distributed a flier he hoped would portray him as military friendly. But the only votes he’ll be getting are from Germans. The picture shows advancing German troops during World War II.