Join the opinion desk: This is your opportunity to shape campus dialogue

It has already been quite a year — but we are only halfway through it.

And anyone who follows the opinion page was front and center as the issues unfolded.

From the football team to the Academic Plan, the editorial board has weighed in on the big issues and continuously covered them as they unfolded.

But more than just the editorials, our columnists and cartoonists have been consistently contributing their own content throughout the semester.

We hope you have found relevance in their work — that the funny content humored you and that the serious content affected you.

Maybe you think we have been achieving our goals, but that we could benefit from the fresh perspectives you could provide.

Maybe you think we have failed, but that you have the right ideas and the ability to make this desk better.

Either way, we want you.

You might have noticed the box beneath this space before, but take a look at it now. It has everything you need to know about joining our desk for the spring.

And if you think the most exciting stuff is behind us — think again.

There is going to be much to opine on, especially for the editorial board, as we prepare for election season and the endorsements for student body president and other offices.

We know you’re out there. You follow what we say, and you critique us when you disagree. We might have even gotten letters to the editor from you.

Now is your chance to be on the other side of the page.

Cameron Parker is the Opinion Editor for the Daily Tar Heel. He Junior economics and public policy major from Forsyth, Ga. E-mail him at cdp@unc.edu.