No Nerfs

At UNC-Greensboro, Nerf guns are now banned for Humans vs. Zombies. Apparently, students were taking the game a little too far, so now the game involves … socks and marshmallows? WHAT?

Thanksgiving

We won’t get the chance to say this before the break, so we will say it now: Happy Turkey Day! May everyone get fat and happy on stuffing before cramming for finals when we return from the break.

Royal wedding

OMG! Prince William is marrying his college sweetheart, Kate Middleton. Sorry, ladies (and men?) of UNC — and the world. Maybe your kids will have a chance with their kids. Big deal.

The Beatles online

Beatles’ songs finally became available on iTunes on Tuesday. It’s weird that it took so long for the iconic band’s music to make it online. After all, money can’t buy them love. But we’ll just let that question be.

Car chase

A prisoner receiving treatment escaped from UNC Hospitals and got away in a stolen UNC campus police car. He was eventually arrested on I-40. Looks like pulling a “Hangover” isn’t all that sexy after all.

Motorsports degree

N.C. A&T now offers a major in Motorsports Technology. It may be a good ploy to get NASCAR fans off the couch and into college. But the final exam’s probably going to be how quickly a student can change a tire.