Four Loko!

“Liquid Cocaine” was banned from other universities, but not UNC. Maybe there’s a correlation between intelligence and responsible drinking. I don’t even know the names of those universities that banned it.

All-American

Harrison Barnes earned pre-season All American honors — the first freshman to ever do so. Please stay for four years. Basketball season is right around the corner. Get pumped; buy paint.

Facebook snooping

A Firefox add-on called “Firesheep” lets users snoop on sites visited by others on the same wireless network. Now it’s a lot easier for your ex to figure out who you’re Facebooking.

Thriller

Chancellor Thorp was caught on camera dancing to “Thriller” in the Pit. After reviewing the video, it is painfully apparent that he was a science major back in the day. But hey, even science guys can break it down with the girls at UNC.

Morgan Freeman?

Nope. B.J. Lawson’s campaign was duped by a California contractor into thinking Morgan Freeman did a voiceover for Lawson’s ad. Did the contractor think Freeman would not notice an ad in little ol’ North Carolina?

$ that!*

As part of a strategic marketing project, two Wayne County high school students requested a “No Cussing Day” to promote awareness of the cause of … cussing, apparently. Appropriately, the students attend Aycock High.