The North Carolina football program has received neither a letter of inquiry nor notice of allegations from the NCAA, nor does it have any knowledge of the NCAA’s timeline in its investigation, UNC athletic director Dick Baddour said.

“No, there’s not (any sort of timeline),” Baddour said. “It’s in their hands, and we don’t have any expectation of what the timeline will be.”

Calls to NCAA spokeswoman Stacey Osburn regarding a timeline were not returned.

According to the NCAA, the letter of inquiry is to inform the school that its staff will investigation possible infractions. Also, an approximate time frame of the investigation is given.

The NCAA will send a notice of allegations to the school if “there is enough evidence to indicate major infractions.”

The sanctions that are handed to the programs can take the form of reduced scholarships, postseason bans, vacated wins and recruiting restrictions.

In the last two years, the football programs at Michigan, Southern California, Florida State, Texas Tech and Alabama have received some form of NCAA sanctions.

There are still two Tar Heels, Michael McAdoo and Devon Ramsay, whose eligibility remains in question.

McAdoo’s appeal was heard on Dec. 14, while Ramsay’s was scheduled for Dec. 16 but was postponed. The pair was ruled permanently ineligible on Nov. 15.

In the immediate aftermath of the ruling, Baddour said the athletic department would appeal the decision.

“We are awaiting to hear from the NCAA on McAdoo, and we are still putting together our position with regard to Ramsay,” Baddour said on Monday.

In the wake of the 2010 season, Peter Schaffer of All Pro Sports & Entertainment confirmed Monday that former Tar Heel cornerback Kendric Burney and running back Johnny White signed with his agency.

Initially, it had refused to confirm or deny those reports.

Team spokesman Kevin Best said that once a player has exhausted their eligibility with the University, it is typical for them to work out with their agency.

As reported by ESPN, Schaffer is linked to former UNC football player Chris Hawkins, using him as a go-between with some UNC players.

Hawkins has previously been named in documents provided by the University for improperly representing players as their agent, buying apparel and setting up meetings between players, financial advisors and agents.

Baddour sent a letter of disassociation to Hawkins on Oct. 4 stating that he should have no further involvement with current UNC student-athletes.

Contact the Sports Editor at sports@dailytarheel.com.