N.C. favors UNC

A poll shows that North Carolinians favor UNC over Duke by a nearly two to one margin. Hating Duke really is a pastime that permeates all walks of life. How distinctly American.

Peace Corps

UNC ranked third among large schools to send students to the Peace Corps. Not only are Tar Heels exceptionally good looking and exceedingly intelligent; we’re compassionate, peace-loving citizens of Earth.

Kidney donor

Wake Forest’s baseball coach donated a kidney to one of his players. What an incredible act of selflessness. I wonder if Coach K would donate his heart — if he had one — to be scientifically studied.

Marijuana

Speaking of peace-loving citizens of Earth, a medical marijuana institution of higher (haha) learning is coming to Arizona. It’s only a matter of time before selling weed at UNC leads to a Bachelor’s degree.

Duke

Again, we are sincerely sorry for the disgusting portrait of Kyle Singler we had to run in the above spot. But we honor our commitments, and we did make a bet after all (maybe you heard about it). Better luck in game two!

Campus elections

Not to beat a dead horse (sorry, Brookyln), but this year’s campaigns were abysmal. If student government is a microcosm of real world politics, this period must represent the Nixon years. Come on, everybody — play by the rules.