DNC in Charlotte

The 2012 Democratic National Convention will be in Charlotte. I’m sure President Obama just enjoys Charlotte’s rich night life and endearing populace, not the electoral votes N.C. has up for grabs.

Peeing prof

Prosecutors charged a professor at a California university with with peeing on a colleague’s office door. Hopefully this season’s SBP election losers don’t resort to similar tactics in the fall.

Super Bowl

Hopefully your professors were not sadistic enough to have an exam or assignment due on Monday. We expect the game will be exciting, but if not there are always the commercials. Can’t wait for Go Daddy.

Basketball

Well, we’ve been giving thumbs up to the basketball team the past few weeks, and they’re doing pretty well. So why stop now? Any time the scrubs get some playing time you know we’re doing something right.

Alert Carolina

Yeah, we get it: the tests are necessary for ensuring our safety system works. But man, they sure are annoying. Can’t they put a silencer on it or something? Or maybe ring the Bell Tower bells? Those sound nice.

P.T.’s

The iconic bar and grill, known for ‘90s music and burgers, was shut down after the owner assaulted an employee, bursting his bladder. Now where are we going to get Beam and Cokes for $2.50 (competition: hint, hint)?