Album from the Vault:
Supertramp, Breakfast In America: This 1979 prog rock album has some seriously catchy singles — you’ve probably heard “The Logical Song” or “Goodbye Stranger” ­— but what’s really remarkable is how every track remains a coherent hit behind dynamic and complex arrangements. Imagine if Steely Dan took its methodic melodies and studio precision to cover Peter Gabriel-era Genesis.

Movie from the Vault:
“The Evil Dead”: This 1981 movie is a horrifying Halloween classic. Five Michigan State students head to Tennessee for a weekend in a cabin, only to unleash some demons and be terrorized by evil forces. There’s no goofiness or light moments, only stabbings, dismemberments, decapitations and other corporal offenses.

Events:

Friday

Wham City Comedy Tour
Kings | When music fans hear “Dan Deacon,” they’re not likely to think of comedy, but that’s exactly what he’s doing right now. He’s a part of the self-proclaimed “bat-s—- variety show,” which will feature stand-up comedy mixed with other performance art. Sounds like you’ll be in for a wild ride. 9 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., $10

Sunday

Boris, Asobi Seksu, True Widow
Cat’s Cradle | Japanese experimental doom rock trio Boris hits the Cradle tonight, sure to rattle the newly raised roof with its intense, wild brand of hard rock. No matter what your problem, Boris can probably shake it out of you. Asobi Seksu and True Widow open with their own dreamy-sounding takes on what rock music should be. 8 p.m. to 9 p.m., $15

Monday

Justin Robinson and The Mary Annettes, Pete & Andrea Connolly, Corn & The Colonels
Casbah | If Franklin Street on Halloween isn’t your scene, look no further than Casbah. It’s a night full of friendly folk, a party meant for those looking for more sweetness than spookiness. Even better, arriving in costume gets you a discount. 7 p.m. to 8 p.m., $8 — $5 if you come in costume.