Occupy Chapel Hill

Tents are pitched around Chapel Hill’s post office as part of the Occupy Chapel Hill/Carrboro movement. These people want change, and they may just accomplish it with a body odor ordinance.

‘Bubba’

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

With a nickname like that, Lawrence “Bubba” Cunningham didn’t have a choice about going into sports. He wowed at Tulsa and, presumably, in his UNC interview by rattling off the many types of shrimp. #ForrestGump

Okakpu’s dismissal

Ebele Okakpu, a linebacker, was dismissed from the football team for “conduct detrimental to the team.” We’ll miss Okakpu, but at least the coaches won’t trip over his name in press conferences.

Obama in NC

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

President Barack Obama is taking a two-day bus tour through the western part of our state. He reportedly stopped at a Marion, N.C., barbeque restaurant — an obvious favorite of one of his competitors, Rick Perry.

One Card redesign

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

From now on, One Cards will have a generic blue and white background instead of a panoramic Old Well shot. The One Card office wanted an updated look for the card, but what UNC icon is as timeless as the Old Well?

Alpine water cups

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

Alpine Bagel has taken to quarter-pinching. The popular bagel shop is now charging 20 cents for getting just a water cup. Guess we’re all going to have to keep reusing those durable coffee cups to make up the difference.