N.C. State dominates in 13-0 win

Wolfpack wins its fifth straight against Tar Heels

8057_1105_football8_sherlongf.jpg

UNC cornerback Tim Scott tackles NC State receiver Tobais Palmer in UNC’s 13-0 loss to NC State at Carter-Finley Stadium in Raleigh, NC.

N.C. State University dominated North Carolina in a 13-0 win on Saturday to push the Wolfpack’s win-streak against UNC to five games.

The Tar Heels struggled to do anything against N.C. State’s zone-blitzing scheme on defense and didn’t even convert a third down until the end of the second quarter.

The Wolfpack scored on its second possession when quarterback Mike Glennon hit wideout T.J. Graham with a 12-yard touchdown pass in the back of the endzone. N.C. State placekicker Niklas Sade connected on field goals of 24 and 26 yards to give N.C. State its 13-0 lead.

Though UNC’s defense held strong for most of the game, the offense did nothing to reward it. Quarterback Bryn Renner, who left the game twice with a left shoulder injury and then concussion-like symptoms, threw two interceptions.

Braden Hanson entered the game for Renner and sparked some offense, but not enough. Of note, UNC running back Giovani Bernard finished the game with 57 rushing yards to put him over 1,000 on the season – the first Tar Heel to do that since 1997.